Are you a carer?
If you are, please let us know and we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring.
- A guide to care and support – Information for carers and people who have care and support needs.
- Caring for someone – Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital – Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- Taking a break – Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Support and benefits for carers – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Work and disability – Guidance, support and help with employment issues.
- Being a young carer – Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support.
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers – Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role.
- Benefits for the under 65s – Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Benefits for the over 65s – Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer’s assessment – How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits.
- Other benefits – Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring.
Please visit our Wellbeing Centre for help and advice about being a carer.